Thursday, August 26, 2010

A first!

I finally did it. There is one child in the world that is scared of me. It's actually really funny. One of the 7th grade teachers at my school told me that one her students said that she was scared of me.... The teacher said she just laughed and said "seriously? Of all the teachers to be SCARED of! Why??" and she said something weird that it's because she's not an open person or something that made no sense like that....

I think it's funny..

Something else that is funny - the crazy questions that kids ask: "If we join choir, do we have to sing?" Seriously? I actually laughed out loud at that one. I didn't mean to, and I probably shouldn't have.... Ha, that's probably the girl that is scared of me.. oops.. but seriously? Jr. High is really something else..


As a new teacher, I find that I am CONSTANTLY second guessing myself. I feel like I am doing the right thing.... I mean, Classroom Management is a daily...adventure... but overall, I feel like I am at least trying to do what is best for the kids.. but sometimes I really wish I had a co-op over my shoulder again to give me advice and tell me if I reacted to situations in a good or bad way.. You know what I mean? Someone to help me analyze how I did and help me figure out how to do it better! I don't know... It's just hard to improve when it's just you in the room.. there's only so much that self analysis can do.


I need to start writing down quotes as they happen. I keep thinking "I have GOT to put that in the blog!" but I always forget..

So, this is pretty disjunct post, but that's just how my mind is working tonight... I hope my lesson plans are better put together than this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment