Monday, August 23, 2010

Attitude is Everything

Today, at a meeting that didn't really apply to me, the band teacher, (what else is new?), I was able to pick out a couple of good points. The speaker was speaking about special education and that their theme for this year is "Attitude is Everything." This immediately reminded me of this new motivational speaker I found that I really enjoy listening to: Nick Vujicic. He was born without arms and without legs. Wow. He is an incredible, incredible human being. And he is also very faithful and grateful. Here is a video about him that I have been thinking a lot about in the past couple of days:



At the end, his little slogan "No arms. No legs. No worries." also kind of ties back to the meeting today. The speaker, in promoting "Attitude is Everything," she urged us to remember to "wait to worry." She asked us, "How many of you have spent a lot of time worrying over something that never even happened?" Good point. Let us trust that as long as we always do our very best, that is good enough (which is what we tell our students, too!).

Ok, that's the last cheesy inspirational video post, I promise. Keep all the teachers in your thoughts and prayers this week, folks; starting the new year is rough on a lot of teachers, especially on newbies like us!

No comments:

Post a Comment