Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Day 1!

FIrst off, I just have to say, I have sat down to update this blog about 4 times since I last posted, but never could because, well, things were just going too badly! Most of the problems were schedule related, and while they are not resolved, per se, I am handling it a lot better. It is going to be a long year, and burnout is a potential, but I love kids, and that's why i'm doing this... so on with the good stuff!!!


TODAY WAS MY FIRST DAY WITH KIDS!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! It was great, it was terrible, it was long, it was short, it was successful, it was a failure... it was everything. I had a 4th grade, a 1st grade, two 5th grades, and a 3rd grade. It was a shortened day, so on usual tuesdays I will see another two classes after that.

Here are some nice quotes from children:

"YOU SHOULD BE ON AMERICAN IDOL!!!!!" said with more enthusiasm than I have in my body

"Do you have a CD out?"

"Thank you for teaching us!" (so cute, said by about 4 third graders at the end of class.. as they hugged me.)

of course, there were some not so great quotes in my day, too.. I had a list, but I forgot them.. I'm blocking out the smarty-pants kids right now.

The third grade class was AMAZING! I can't even begin to explain how nice it is to have a class that will follow directions.
5th grade was ROUGH. There was a scheduling mix up, so I only saw one of the 5th grades for 15 minutes instead of 40... Welcome to teaching, improvise. I was a little off, but tomorrow is a new day.


So, all in all, it was a good day. Stressful and filled with expected mistakes by me, but no one got hurt, kids learned, and I think they even enjoyed it. Time for dinner! (and then more work.)

No comments:

Post a Comment