Tuesday, October 5, 2010

reading music? No problem!

I am seeing progress every day with my students and FINALLY feel like a teacher (instead of a big joke).. Once again, my middle school children are amazing! Yesterday, I had a several 7th graders start class saying "I don't get this, I can't, this will be hard..." and by the end were saying "This isn't so bad! It's easy!" and, to boost my confidence I even heard "Mr. X last year made this so much more complicated!" YES!!! Success! Kids can read music! Also, preschool is amazing. Seriously, how many other people get to say that they get to smile and sing with 4 year olds for their job?!


Also, to follow up from my last "life lessons" post; today one of my eighth graders told me "I save my science project twice last night! To my hard drive and my flash drive! I remembered your life lessons!" I felt good.

Life isn't all roses, things are totally stressful and crazy and frustrating right now too, but it's good to find some good moments. I feel like I had another cute story to tell from today, but I'm too tired to remember right now.. Oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment