Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Whistle While You Work

I. AM. SO. TIRED.


school hasn't even started yet.

I have spent the last few days cleaning and preparing my classroom and meeting fellow staff members. First off, I have to say, I LOVE MY SCHOOL. Everyone has been so helpful, and I feel truly blessed to be so supported already. The stressful and tiring parts have come from all the cleaning. The room was a part time music room last year, so a lot of materials sat and collected dust. It's been not only challenging to clean, but also to make it feel like MY room, and not me borrowing someone else's... I'm not quite there yet. I must say though, that between killing spiders, vacuuming up plaster that is falling off the wall, moving furniture, going through music books from the 60's, and securing a desk, it IS starting to take shape. It's going to be a wonderful year, and I mean that with every bit of my heart!

For those interested, here is what my room looks likes after two 8 hours days of work.


happy working!
Mary

1 comment:

  1. aww how cute! i am so proud of you, mary. good work cleaning & making it your own. It is going to be a wonderful room and safe and fun place for all of your kiddos. thanks for the video!

    ReplyDelete