Friday, July 9, 2010

Great week of music camp

What a great week! As I said before, I totally felt "in my element" this week. Teaching the marching band flutes & clarinets in sectionals was so much fun, and a great way to get things rolling for my first year of teaching music. They were a lot of fun, they worked hard, and I actually feel like we had enough time to talk about other important musical things like tuning, technique, instrument tendencies, and REED CARE! :)

I got paid to teach sectionals this week and if I come back to help the band at all this fall, I won't get paid any more. But I think that I love marching band so much that I just might do it for free if there's time. You can at least expect to me to be writing about drill camp in a few weeks though! Marching technique is one of my favorite things to teach, hehe. *pushes up band nerd glasses*

Now it's time for me to start planning to teach the cute little 6th graders in summer lessons next week in my very own classrooms! We will be working on remembering the basics about making a good sound, fingerings, and learning their parade song, El Gato. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment