Monday, July 5, 2010

First post!

Hello! Sara here. I'm so excited to be starting this blog with Mary and Glenn! I hope it can be a source of advice, support, and entertainment for us and for our readers.

It's still summer, so I'm sure things won't be updated too incredibly often.... (or maybe they will since we aren't totally overwhelmed with work yet!) but I wanted to get this blog going because today I started teaching the marching band flutes & clarinets at my district's high school. I don't teach at the high school as a part of my official job, but I am working as their woodwind tech this summer.

It went well today actually, and, fortunately, it was easy to get back into the swing of things after summer break since student teaching. My student teaching experience was really good but difficult for me, and I had left wondering if I was cut out for teaching music. Well I think after a good return to teaching today, I do feel like I'm totally in my element. I felt really comfortable and excited to be running music sectionals with those 32 high school girls today (yeah - all girls!), so things are off to a good start!

I hope tomorrow I can energize them and make them laugh more. Maybe break up some of those blank stares I get when I ask them questions. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment