Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Break Time

Nothing in this blog post is really very substantial....

Some days never end. I'm taking about ten minutes here to actually do something OTHER than school work for the first time since waking up in the morning.

For those of you who have never put on a Christmas Program/Spring Musical/All School program of any sorts: It is harder than it seems. I have made so many mistakes already and the program is still a month and a week away! It is so nerve-wrecking to try and prepare the kids while only seeing them twice a week... Oh, and let's try and keep a curriculum, too, please!

Overall the two hardest parts have been the logistics of planning it/running the Christmas committee and giving the right song to each grade level. It's so great that I have help so I don't have to do it all myself, but sometimes I don't even know what I need, so that's a problem! I've discovered that a couple of the songs I have chosen for the grades are too hard... It's a little too late to go back now (they are actually making remarkable progress), but it's still frustrating. Honestly though, i think it's one of those things I have to learn from experience.

Any suggestions on how to get middle elementary (grades 4-6) boys match pitch??


Another huge undertaking: Our christmas program is a small easy play + each grade level singing a song. The small easy play needs only 2 people. I can't just pick two people out of over 300, so we're having auditions. (This will also prepare ME for when I have to do bigger auditions for the spring musical). I'm totally making the audition process up as i'm going along, so hopefully tomorrow (the auditions) won't be a train wreck. At least I have a plan period tomorrow to prepare! (Oh, wait... I only get those on tuesdays and thursdays)... Ok, so at least I have 5 minutes between classes to catch my breath (Oh wait.... not on wednesdays...)


Okay, I'm sorry that this post was sarcastic and negative... just had to get it out somehow!

No comments:

Post a Comment