Monday, September 20, 2010

Save twice.

I would just like to preface this post by saying it is not my intention to complain, but to share a stressful yet comical story with you...


I have about 20 different lessons to plan for each week. Technically, they all have to be turned in and checked on mondays, so I usually spend one day of my weekend up to my neck in books, papers, and Word documents. Yesterday was that day. I spent about 4-5 hours working on lesson plans... Last week I had just felt really disorganized with the way I planned, so I was meticulous and really felt good about all of my lessons for the week. I knew what Is doing, all my powerpoints were ready, and the lessons were well sequenced... You can see where this is heading..

This morning, about 7:15, I was transferring my old lesson plans to a new location and saving my new lesson plans to my external hard drive so I could print them. Somehow, by a crazy wrong click of my hand, I save my old lesson plans over the new ones. There was no way of getting them back. If I had accidentally deleted them, then it would be a different story, however, saving OVER them? not so much... I lost every single lesson plan for the week, and had less than an hour before school started...

Luckily, the teacher across the hall was willing to change morning patrol shifts with me so I could work, and my dad was up so I could cry to someone.. Then I got down to work. I pulled together the 8 lessons that I needed for today, and all was well. Was I upset? of course! But, I was also really proud of myself... I took a few moments to grieve my lost work, and then moved on. I'm still not looking forward to re doing everything tonight and figuring out how to get my classes organized and on track again, but It will be okay.... The moral of the story? Save everything to two different locations. Period.

1 comment:

  1. ooooohhhhh nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!! i am SO sorry, mary!!

    ReplyDelete